Crab on My Platter....!!!

 

Personal Photo by Kishenjit Sinha

King Crab happens to be one of the favorite sea foods in most of part of the world. It is served mostly in South East Asian nations and is a favorite food platter. It was one during one of my visit to Kaohsiung, Taiwan; the team comprised of people from various countries of South East Asian Nations including India. Taiwan is very famous for its seafood and other delicacies. People are fond of eating all around the provinces we visited.

I picked up the dish with delight and later realized the staring eyes of my colleagues and friends around the table! The message was clear.. "Do you....?"

"Yes!" replied my glittering eyes! We Indians are divided into many type of food habits, first being Vegetarian or Non-vegetarian and it is further classified whatever your preferences are in Non-vegetarian and so on!

The message was clear, I don't care whatever you think, but I liked so I picked! If you think what people around you are thinking about you, then it is certain you will end up in doing what you never wanted to do. Here 'Crab' symbolizes the issues I am facing and 'Platter' is my Life. People around you will either love or hate when they see your plate, say a King Crab. Talking Delicious?!!

So the idea of naming my blog "Crab on my Platter" came up! I have my own ways of living and own views to express. I am not hurting anyone and food being the most sacred part of living. We are earning to eat what we wish to and live happily.

In the same way life is what we want and what other see it. People around you will always see what you have taken to eat, what is your work, what you wear, even what your drive and the place where you live! In other words whatever you do, is being observed!

On the other side of my observation is about life and how you take it. If have to eat whatever you have taken in your plate. Whatever we take in our plate is what we like to eat…! Many times things goes wrong when you find, it is not what you were thinking off. Or you enjoy it up to your utmost sumptuously.

Similar things happen when other observe your plate, everyone is curious! Whether they think it to be delicious or not or they just move away with discomfort! Many times it makes us to rethink twice on a dining table.

Our life is full of concerns from personal to political! Anything that happens inside your place or outside, many times it makes deep impressions in our mind. Many times it affects our livelihood and even our behavior!

The Concern is like a Crab which is annoying me and asking me questions when it will end. Whatever thought that keeps on pinching inside us and makes us sleepless many times is just like that creature! The popping eyes of crab seems to be the curious thing which awaits with uncertainty and its forearms ready to attack. We always keep something in our mind which is just like that crab and their fear of getting punched always remains!

Crabs mostly make their habitat in muddy areas nearby ridges of pond or river.  They stay inside holes in swampy areas. Hunting of crabs by fox happens to be an interesting event. The fox inserts its long tail inside these holes and the crab sitting inside catches its tail in fury!! The clever animal than takes its tail out and eats up the prized hunt!

The analogy to the above story is similar to those who are clever, can trap an angry person! So one should be careful, while dealing with anything or anyone in life and move their steps without losing their temper! Whatever we don't in fit of anger is more dangerous than in alcoholic condition. Anything annoying around you can be intentional by someone, so one should be careful and must think twice before reacting to such situation.

There are so many philosophies of life which spans from never looking back, learn from history and forget your past… everything goes contradictory! Everyone uses these phrases according their comfort.

We cannot forget our past as it is from where we have come up. We always love our present as the word goes it’s a “Present”, a gift. But the past becomes glorious when we think of happy times and bygone days, which are close to our heart.

We know the beautifully cooked crab in our plate is looking delicious, with the same affirmation to life that whatever I have taken or decided is most wonderful thing I am doing! Same way one should not get annoyed with the people around your table looking at your plate with curiosity! 

We are living in a world surrounded by news from various sources, our life gets affected with the happenings either locally or globally. Likewise, every concern human being is terrified with the happenings in Ukraine! Now, the issue of Ukraine is the ‘Crab’ or concern of my Life (“Platter”). The financial issues I am facing due to uncertain career has now become secondary as the size of issue bothering has become like “King Crab”. Every day I watch the news in Social Media, I get hurt with the killings, the stories coming up from the conflict zone makes me sick. Be it on either side, death is irreversible.

Though the conflict is not affecting me directly, but my concern is focused toward the unfortunate killings of citizens and soldiers. The irritation of unnatural death of people is making me annoyed. I want to tell the world about my feelings. The 'feeling' is the Crab which is crawling inside my mind. I do wish everyone around the world should develop this crab inside their mind for every human being. We want a world where we live and let others live too!

Being positive is also a Crab in my Platter, depends how others take! 

Comments